"Calling All Stake Youth"- The Youth Family History Project Committee Invites All Youth in The Fargo ND Stake to an Indexing Challenge.
If the Fargo ND Stake Youth can Index 1,000 names in 2 weeks, they will all enjoy Banana Splits on April 30th Stake Seminary Saturday (Yum ! Yum !)
The Stake Family Discovery Day is to be held on Saturday April 16th at the Grand Forks Meetinghouse and Family History Center and will feature the completion of The Youth Family History Project- "Giving Back to The Community"- Family Search Indexing.
You Are Invited !
Young men and young women have been invited throughout the Stake boundaries, including parts of North & South Dakota and Minnesota, to volunteer their time to assist patrons and guests with Family Search Indexing on April 16th.(and a variety of other Youth Activities as listed in #4 rule- pre-register at lds.org/familydiscoveryday prior to April 16 for free meal)
Shirley Smith, our Stake Indexing Coordinator is your Project Coordinator. She can be reached at: 218-556-9892
"To show how the Youth in our Fargo ND Stake can commit themselves for 2 weeks to perform service in such a cause, we will honor 2 individuals with prizes for the most Indexed names. If the Fargo ND Stake Youth index 1,000 names or more within the 2 designated weeks, the Banana Splits will be presented to all Youth at their April 30th Stake Youth Seminary Day held in The Fargo Stake Center." (More information will be published in upcoming days)
This event will begin on Friday, April 1st and end at 4:00pm at the Family Discovery Day on Saturday, April 16th.
Rules for this Event:
1. Every YM/YW within The Stake boundaries is eligible to participate.
2. Go to familysearch.org/indexing to download the program tool and review a video with instructions. (the batch to index can be indexed 'off line' once downloaded, and then go online to send back once finished). We invite all to review the instructions and practice prior to April 1st, but not necessary to participate in the event.
3. A Family Search Indexing Project and project updates will be sent out via emails to your YM/YW Unit Leaders to distribute to the Youth.
4. You don't need to be present to participate, but we do invite your presence on April 16th. Besides serving on the Family Search Indexing Project prior to and at the event, we invite you to attend and participate in Family History classes where you can hear the inspiring words from General Authorities directed specifically to you, see & hear cultural Native American Dancers, touch rare military artifacts, learn and participate in 'family history fun games', teach in the Computer Labs, and take in the "yummy" free light lunch for all who register prior to that day. (so register now!)
5. The accumulated count will be tracked by individual name and by "Unit" name and can be viewed on this website. http://grandforksfhc.weebly.com on this page.
6. There will be 3-prizes distributed; 2 individual and one group prize.
7. Exceptions to the rule: If the individual youth has trouble participating in Family Search Indexing due to limited computer access, the individual is required to contact Shirley Smith, Project Coordinator.